ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Fwd: Restoring large filesystem

2010-07-07 18:51:48
Subject: [ADSM-L] Fwd: Restoring large filesystem
From: Dan Olson <dolson AT MCS.ANL DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 17:49:29 -0500
I'm trying to do a multi-session restore on a client that has several
fileystems that were backed up with VIRTUALMOUNTPOINT. The root filesystem was
never backed up on this client.  For example

Filespaces
/foo/bar/a
/foo/bar/b
/foo/bar/c
/foo/bar/d
/foo/bar/e
/foo/bar/f
/foo/bar/g
/foo/bar/h

dsmc restore "/foo/*" -subdir=yes

That restore does not work.  It gives me -
ANS1247I Waiting for files from the server...
ANS1302E No objects on server match query

I assume because the files were never backed up from below the
virtualmountpoints.

How can I restore all the filespaces with one command to get the benefit of
multi session restore?