ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] 3584 error code

2010-07-01 14:06:44
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] 3584 error code
From: Len Boyle <Len.Boyle AT SAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 18:06:01 +0000
Slot get failure (slot will not release cartridge). See "identifying Device
type" on page 260.
Note: A trailer record will contain information to identify the correct slot.

A worn Universal gripper cage could result in "get" errors. See "worn Universal
gripper cage" on page 734.

The pages could be different depending the age of your book.

If you have already had the grippers replaced, you might look at other hardware
issues.

Check that library calibration has been performed after the last hardware
changes. This is started from the front panel.

Check that the tape drives are tight and do not have front panel s loose.
Have them check that the frames are not out of alignment.
Other ...