ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ANS1357S in a mixed Netware/Linux cluster environment

2010-06-30 11:25:52
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ANS1357S in a mixed Netware/Linux cluster environment
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 11:24:17 -0400
The information is muddled, in that you're saying that you're running a mixed
cluster with both Linux and Netware, with both clients (at different levels)
performing backups of the same data, ostensibly with the same node name.  I
would not expect good results from that.

One query you should do on the TSM server is "Query FIlespace TEST
Format=Detailed" to survey the filespace characteristics, seeing if there is
some mixture of Unicode (as in UTF-8) and non-Unicode - and particularly if any
filespaces are both, where TSM will default to trying to use the non-Unicode
instance.

What you're doing is on the fringes of product utilization.  You may have to
contact TSM Support to get further.  Check your dsmerror.log for further
indications of underlying problems, as well as the TSM server Activity Log for
problem indications at session initiation attempts.  A client trace (see TSM
Problem Determination Guide) would reveal more.

     Richard Sims