ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] ANS1357S in a mixed Netware/Linux cluster environment

2010-06-30 08:24:02
Subject: [ADSM-L] ANS1357S in a mixed Netware/Linux cluster environment
From: Günther Schwarz <guenther.schwarz AT UNI-HAMBURG DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 14:21:45 +0200
Server Version 5, Release 5, Level 1.0
Linux Client Version 5, Release 5, Level 2.7
Netware Client Version 5, Release 5, Level 1.0

I want to set up Tivoli clients for clustered NSS volumes on a set of hosts which are running Netware (6.5 5.70.08) or SUSE Linux (OES2 SP2).

The problem I want to address with this message is error "ANS1357S Session rejected" when trying to access the Tivoli server with the Linux client using a cluster nodename. For the nodename set up to backup the system partitions of the Linux host everything works just fine.

This seems to be related to character encoding: For volumes which use a filespace of type NTW:Long under Netware access is possible. However, for those who are set up with NTW:UTF-8 access is denied. NTW:Long is not an option for us as we have lots of file names with non-ASCII characters.

Any comments or hints on this? Below is the error message and the current locale settings. I tried various settings (en_US, en_US.UTF-8, de_DE etc) with no effect.

# dsmc
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
Command Line Backup/Archive Client Interface
  Client Version 5, Release 5, Level 2.7
  Client date/time: 06/30/2010 10:27:22
(c) Copyright by IBM Corporation and other(s) 1990, 2009. All Rights Reserved.

Node Name: TEST
ANS1357S Session rejected: Downlevel client code version

# locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8

PS: this is my first posting to this mailing list.

best wishes

Günther Schwarz