ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Select statement to only list backups with particular event status

2010-06-29 12:12:36
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Select statement to only list backups with particular event status
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 12:08:46 -0400
The EVENTS table has been an oddball in TSM, as I note in ADSM QuickFacts,
because of the way it was engineered.  Using relative timestamp references
traditionally doesn't work, so you need to employ an absolute timestamp, as in
     select * from events WHERE SCHEDULED_START >= '2010-06-28'

Note also that there is no actual_time column in instances of the EVENTS table
that I know of.  Use the following to verify column names:
    select * from syscat.columns where tabname='EVENTS'
I haven't seen 'In Progress' as one of the possible status values; but things
change over numerous releases.

    Richard Sims