ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ANE49xx messages

2010-06-24 15:14:16
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ANE49xx messages
From: Dave Canan <ddcanan AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 12:12:35 -0700
Here is a table that I have from a presentation I just gave. Hopefully, this
will come thru correctly on email. If not, I will resubmit.

Message: Total Number of Objects backed up:
Meaning: Total count of all files actually processed.
Message: Total objects deduplicated:
Meaning: Total count of all files eligible for dedup
Message: Total number of bytes inspected
Meaning: Total bytes for all files eligible for backup
Message: Total number of bytes processed
Meaning: Bytes after deduplication but before compression
Message: Total number of bytes transferred
Meaning: Bytes sent to server = bytes after dedup
Message: Deduplication
reduction                                              Meaning: % reduction
for those files eligible for dedup
Message: Total data reduction
ratio                                            Meaning: bytes sent to
server / bytes inspected

Dave Canan
IBM Advanced Technical Support
IBM TSM Performance