ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ANE49xx messages

2010-06-24 13:59:19
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ANE49xx messages
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 13:58:32 -0400
The message also appears in the 6.2 client ending statistics (without the
ANEnnnn message number), which are described in the client manual. In a
nutshell it reflects the storage savings achieved with use of incremental,
compression, data deduplicaton and so on versus if you backed up the full
content of all scanned files.

For example, suppose an incremental backup operation scans 500 MB worth of
files but only backs up 30 MB. In this case you backed up 6% of the data
(30 MB / 500 MB * 100 = 6). The reduction is the percentage of data you did
not back up, 94%.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead
Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Hartford/IBM@IBMUS

http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 2010-06-24
12:58:05: