ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Changing management class wihtout retransferring all data

2010-06-23 14:37:56
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Changing management class wihtout retransferring all data
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 14:36:33 -0400
Potential exceptions to this (unlikely as they may be):

- If the old management class has MODE=MODIFIED and the new management
class has MODE=ABSOLUTE, that will drive backups of all the files.

- If the old management class has a relatively high FREQUENCY setting
compared to the new management class, that could drive unexpected backups
of files.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead
Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Hartford/IBM@IBMUS

http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 2010-06-23
09:56:11: