ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ESXi and ESX

2010-06-22 16:10:41
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ESXi and ESX
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 22:09:09 +0200
On 22 jun 2010, at 21:59, Timothy Hughes wrote:

> Thanks Ray,
>
> How can I  tell if the VCB Proxy can "see" the disk the VM is on?  This
> VM is on a different Tier network so it may not be able to see I am not
> positive  I just need a way to verify that I am correct.

the disks for the VMWare vmdk's must be on a SAN, and the proxy and the ESX(i)
servers all need access to those disks.

> Also, and  this is to anyone who cares to respond, I read  " The
> protecting VM with TSM document and it say's that along with the TSM
> Client on Backup Proxy it needs the TSM  Client on VM for file restores
> is that correct? Because at some point we were planning on stopping the
> "Normal TSM Client Backup on some VM's and just do VM File-level and
> Full backups.

Either that or you need to do a restore to an alternate location and map the
original disk to the proxy (cifs) or move the files after restore.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,

Remco Post
r.post AT plcs DOT nl