ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange 2010 tips

2010-06-21 07:29:40
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange 2010 tips
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 07:28:23 -0400
Robert,

Two things I should ask first:

1. Did you configure the Windows BA Client (DSM.OPT) for LANfree
operations?
   This is the options file that is being used by the TSM Remote Client
   Agent Service. Exchange Server 2010 is VSS only, which means
   it uses the BA client for all database movement to the TSM Server.
   In fact, all performance optimizations for data transfer for VSS
   backups must be done to the Windows BA Client options file.

2. Did you set policy for the backups using the GUI
   "Utilities --> TSM VSS Policy Binding" to have it
   set the VSSPOLICY option like this in the
   TDPEXC.CFG file:
      VSSPOLICY  *  *  *  TSM  MGEXCHANGE

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 06/19/2010
09:45:42 AM: