ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] slowness with Storage Manager Admin Center 6.2

2010-06-15 15:45:56
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] slowness with Storage Manager Admin Center 6.2
From: "Tyree, David" <david.tyree AT SGMC DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 15:44:42 -0400
The admin center box is running on a ESX VMWare box and our VM admin has
swears the network settings are correct. He has this box set up the same
as the 30-40 other VM's we have and they are fine as far as network
speeds are concerned.

The production TSM (5.5) box is running dual gig nics and has been for a
couple years. It's day to day performance a TSM server has always been
just fine.

I would expect issues with the test TSM (6.1) since it's running on old
hardware and only has a single 100 meg nic. But it doesn't matter which
of the TSM servers I work with through the admin center. It always seems
sluggish.