ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Celerra NDMP

2010-06-10 17:25:58
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Celerra NDMP
From: Shawn Drew <shawn.drew AT AMERICAS.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 17:23:36 -0400
Chapter 7 in the Administrator's Guide
"Using NDMP for Operations with NAS File Servers"

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v1r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.itsmaixn.doc/anragd55172.htm

The redbook is also helpfull although it is geared towards Netapp.  From
what I understand, Celerra configuration is very similar
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg247243.html?Open

Regards,
Shawn
Shawn Drew

Internet
asr AT UFL DOT EDU

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
06/10/2010 05:05 PM
Please respond to
asr AT ufl DOT edu

cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] Celerra NDMP

Hi, folks.

I'm in the happy state of needing to attempt some NDMP backups.
Remember that 12TB FS conversation we had a while back?  Well boy
howdy, someone has just presented me with one.  We're failing to
complete backups in any reasonable timeframe.

I intend to continue experimenting with The Right Way, but I need a
stopgap, and it looks like NDMP is it.

But I'm having difficulty deciphering some of the instructions: they
talk about telling the DataMover the controller, ID, and lun.  I may
be dense, but I'm accustomed to using rmt devices or WWNs.

Anybody got a pointer to the Fine Manual ?  The logs of this list
include a tantalizing reference to success after "reading between the
lines a little bit"; but I was unable to find anything concrete.

I'm on  Version 5, Release 5, Level 3.0 of TSM, in case it matters.

- Allen S. Rout

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord
with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial,
is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the
integrity of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will)
not therefore be liable for the message if modified. Please note that certain
functions and services for BNP Paribas may be performed by BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.