ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] 'TSM for ACS' on HDS disk subsystems

2010-05-26 21:50:39
Subject: [ADSM-L] 'TSM for ACS' on HDS disk subsystems
From: Mark Blunden <mark AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 11:49:52 +1000
Hi,

I am interested to know if anyone has implemented the 'TSM for Advanced
Copy Services' (now known as Tivoli Flashcopy Manager - TFM) process on
non-IBM disks, especially HDS if possible.

That is, I would like to know if anyone has implemented the HDS Truecopy
(Flashcopy equivalent) for creating point in time volume copies of volumes,
but using TSM to schedule and manage the whole process.
Currently Flashcopy Mgr supports the process using HDS disks in a VSS
process, not not in the 'Flashcopy/Truecopy' way.

Conceptually, and being very simplistic (I know it isn't), it is just a
bunch of scripts, so I am hoping someone on this forum has done it, or .

I do not need any detail, just wondering if it possible, and is working ok.

Am happy to chat offline via email if you prefer...

Thank you...

Mark