ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] LTO2s not mounting in LTO4 drives

2010-05-17 13:07:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] LTO2s not mounting in LTO4 drives
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 12:01:11 -0500
Well, Ladies and Gents I have found a solution.  I opened a PMR with IBM, and
they found (after we went through all the queries you can think of) this
technote:
"http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=663&context=SSGSG7&uid=swg21269453&loc=en_US&cs=UTF-8&lang=en";.

In it, it says to set all volumes to read-only (which will work if you have all
the storage pools set to read only that use LTO2 tapes), and update your device
class and set "format=drive".  Once I did the last part (all the storage pools
were already set) TSM loaded up an LTO2 and started moving data.

Thanks for all the suggestions, and assistance!  The PMR was expedited by being
able to answer many of the questions you guys asked.

See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.
John 3:16!