ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6 database space performance question

2010-05-11 16:50:33
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6 database space performance question
From: "Billaudeau, Pierre" <P.Billaudeau AT SAQ.QC DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 16:49:09 -0400
Hi John,
        We are running TSM 6.1.3.3 on AIX 6.1 and we already increased TSM DB2
Database space twice using the same Filesystem (directory). TSM documentation
only mention the use of a new filesystem to increase the size of the DB using
EXTEND DBSPACE new_filesystem . I don't think extending TSM DB across 2-3-4
filesystem would spread the I/O more then using only one filesystem based on
the fact that it is the number of disk your DB is spread across that will make
the difference. Your LUNs need to be spread across different raid groups in
order to provide the best performance. I really think one directory can be as
efficient as 2 or 3.

Pierre Billaudeau
Analyste en stockage
Livraison des Infrastructures Serveurs