ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Snapshot Backup Best Practices

2010-05-10 20:51:53
Subject: [ADSM-L] Snapshot Backup Best Practices
From: citpaj <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 20:49:40 -0400
First, sorry if I've posted this in the wrong forum ... I'm new to this and
didn't see a general questions forum.  I'd like to know if it's a bad practice
to create the volume shadow copies of the volume you're backing up on the same
volume that you are backing up?  For example, suppose I'm backing up D: using
VSS and I'm writing the shadow copies to D: ... is that bad practice.  Thanks.

Paul.