ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] disk / file pool on SAN without SANergy or GPFS?

2010-05-05 18:32:50
Subject: [ADSM-L] disk / file pool on SAN without SANergy or GPFS?
From: WHEDA TSM <wheda.tsm AT WHEDA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 17:30:38 -0500
Hello... we will be implementing an iSCSI SAN in the near future.  The TSM
server needs more disk storage pool space.  I want to build new storage
pools (FILE type, but perhaps also DISK type) on SAN storage.  I don't
need SANergy for this... correct?

Some of the TSM clients that will reside on the SAN would benefit from
LAN-free backups.  All TSM clients and the TSM server are Windows 2003 /
2008, we have no other client platforms.

Without using SANergy or GPFS, can I create a FILE type storage pool on
SAN storage and define a shared FILE type library so that the TSM server
and the TSM SAN storage agents can both write to the pool?

Thanks... Ken