ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] E-mail addreses for TSM administrators

2010-05-05 15:54:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] E-mail addreses for TSM administrators
From: David McClelland <tsm AT NETWORKC.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 20:52:31 +0100
I was curious about this so I looked it up. Technically speaking, an email
address (the user, or local mailbox segment before the @domain.com) *is*
actually case sensitive (cf RFC2821 - http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2821.html)
and handling of this is managed by the SMTP server. However, in all my years
of interneting I've never once come across an instance where an email of
mine has been refused or mis-delivered due to its case being wrong (at
least, that I know of), and the RFC does discourage discrimination by case.

/DaViD Mc
londON, UK