ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] E-mail addreses for TSM administrators

2010-05-05 15:27:40
Subject: [ADSM-L] E-mail addreses for TSM administrators
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 15:26:09 -0400
My site is preparing for a major restructuring of our TSM
infrastructure. Some of the planned changes entail keeping
track of the e-mail addresses of TSM administrators. The
'register admin' and 'update admin' commands provide for
storing an e-mail address as part of the definition of an
administrator. I have experimented with this facility on
a 5.5.4.0 test server running under mainframe Linux. I am
entering the addresses with the user name portion in mixed
case. I have tried entering addresses without quotation
marks, with single quotation marks, and with double quotation
marks. So far, 'query admin' and related 'select' commands
have always shown the address in lower case only, regardless
of the way the address was entered. What am I doing wrong?