ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for Exch Mailbox Restore

2010-05-04 12:48:36
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for Exch Mailbox Restore
From: Ben Bullock <BBullock AT BCIDAHO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 10:47:34 -0600
But there are some prereqs, especially if the exchange server is on 2008. This
is from the help file on the 6.1.1 TDP client itself

Restoring a mailbox (or mailbox items) on Exchange Server 2007
This procedure describes how to restore a mailbox or items from a mailbox on
Exchange Server 2007.

Review these prerequisites before attempting a restore operation:
- Data Protection for Exchange must be operating in an account with membership
in the Exchange Organization Administrators group. By default, Windows adds the
Exchange Organization Administrators group to other security groups, such as
the local Administrators and Exchange Recipient Administrators groups. If these
default settings change, the account must be manually added to these other
groups.
- The account must have an active Exchange mailbox in the domain.
- Temporary space is needed to accommodate the mailbox database during restore
operations. Specify this temporary space from the File Menu by clicking Edit ->
Configuration -> General Tab or click  to set these two options:
Temporary Log Restore Path
Temporary Database Restore Path
If a directory is not specified, the database files are restored into a
directory specified by the environment variable TEMP.

- On Windows Server 2008, Microsoft Exchange Server Messaging API (MAPI) Client
and Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1 or later must be installed on the machine
on which the Exchange server is running. If a recovery server is being used,
the MAPI must be installed on both the production Exchange server and the
optional recovery server.

Ben