ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.1.3 WIndows no log space how to restart server

2010-04-08 15:27:18
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.1.3 WIndows no log space how to restart server
From: "Prather, Wanda" <wPrather AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 14:26:37 -0500
To prevent it happening again:

-put the workaround in your dsmserv.opt:
  ALLOWREORGTABLE NO

-On Windows, the physical size of the log can grow significantly larger
than what you specify with the ACTIVELOGSIZE parm.
I've learned to keep a dummy 2G file on the drive with the activelog.
That way if the log goes nuts and eats up all the drive space, I can get
the server restarted just by removing the file, without having to grow
the LUN.  (Although I've had no such problem since re-implementing
ALLOWREORGTABLE NO).