ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 5.4 to 5.5 migration

2010-03-31 15:04:59
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 5.4 to 5.5 migration
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 14:04:36 -0500
Yoda, I don't want to sound condescending so please excuse me if it
does.  It appears by some of the questions you're asking that you would
be GREATLY benefited by taking some time and reading at least the TSM
Redbooks, and some of the Admin guide.  I would recommend the deployment
Guide Redbook, and the Technical guide.

To be specific on the question below, you need to login to the TSM
server console and run "halt" after verifying that there are no
processes, and no tapes mounted.  Then make sure all TSM Services are
stopped.   I would also imagine that you would need to be logged into
the Windows Server as Administrator or equivalent.

See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.
John 3:16!