ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Archive backup set from location to another

2010-03-24 15:07:39
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Archive backup set from location to another
From: David McClelland <tsm AT NETWORKC.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 19:05:44 -0000
>> The changing of the management class modes, won't work  the thing is We
>> aren't backing up the real one we are backing up a copy but the archive
>> doesn't know its a copy it thinks it is the real one. so somehow  we
>> need to  tell the archive domain to back it up anyway.

Okay, this is beginning not to make sense to me, perhaps it's a Novell
thing. As far as I'm aware with other TSM clients, if you were to direct the
TSM client to archive/back up an object then it usually will (unless there's
a permissions/access problem etc) - if you were to use a dynamic or shared
dynamic serialization mode on the management class it would either
archive/back it up after 'n' attempts or do so straight away, irrespective
of whether it's a changing/open file. I re-enforce Richard's statements
about whether this is a valid backup, and you'd need to test to make sure it
is.

/DMc