ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Expiration Questions

2010-03-23 09:48:42
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Expiration Questions
From: David McClelland <tsm AT NETWORKC.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 13:47:40 -0000
This would suggest to me that any inactive objects (modified or deleted)
bound to this management class will be expired/removed from TSM-managed
storage 30 days from their inactivation date (subject to expiration
processing).

>From the TSM Server, the only way I can think of checking this would be by
looking at the INACTIVE objects in the BACKUPS table for this node and count
forward the RETEXTRA/RETONLY days (according to the management class to
which they're bound if not the below) from their DEACTIVATE_DATE. This could
be very resource intensive.

You might be able to find some information from the client side, looking in
the BA client restore panel, checking to view inactive objects, and then
check your newly inactive objects and the management class to which they are
bound.

/David Mc
London, UK