ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Multiple instances on the same server

2010-03-22 15:02:19
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Multiple instances on the same server
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 20:01:16 +0100
On 22 mrt 2010, at 18:13, Shawn Drew wrote:

---8<---

>  One thing to check though, I did read somewhere (maybe
> here) that IBM recommends to NOT run multiple TSM 6x instances within the
> same machine (or LPAR since you have a pSeries)

do you have any references? I think that almost any larger TSM shop runs
multiple instances on a single OS image (LPAR, VM, box) to reduce cost. I have
done so with TSM 6.1 and 6.2 during the beta programs without any problems, and
have never encountered any document stating that this is either not supported
or not recommended...

--
Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,

Remco Post