ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] vcb backup performance

2010-03-18 08:52:13
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] vcb backup performance
From: Keith Arbogast <warbogas AT INDIANA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 08:51:39 -0400
Steve,
VMware has announced the end of availability for VCB.  You can see the
VMware support policy at
http://www.vmware.com/support/policies/lifecycle/vi/eos.html
  There is a new backup product strategy called 'vStorage APIs for
Data Protection (VADP).   See
http://www.vmware.com/support/policies/lifecycle/vi/eos.html
    The announcement goes on to say     "We have also been working
with several backup partners to integrate VADP into their solutions to
make backup of vSphere Virtual Machines fast, efficient and easy to
deploy compared to VCB and other backup solutions. Several of our
major backup partners have already released VADP integrated backup
products and we expect most of the major backup partners to have VADP
integrated backup software by the upcoming feature release of the
vSphere platform in 2010."

Best wishes,
Keith Arbogast
Indiana University