ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] DB2 Monthlies

2010-03-17 18:34:59
Subject: [ADSM-L] DB2 Monthlies
From: Steve Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 18:33:27 -0400
Hi Again.

I have some DB2 databases that I would like to have different backups
treated differently.  For example, the normal weekly gets put to one
management class, but the first one of the month goes to a management class
that goes to tape.

In the MSSQL case, this is done by running a COPY backup using a different
node name.
In the Orace case, we can't use a different node name, but RMAN can tweak
the file name that is used, and then an include can be employed to achieve
the result.

What do we do for DB2?  I see the backup command has a  "USE TSM OPTIONS
@filename" clause, but am not sure how I can use this.  Will changing the
management class for the DB before the backup with the db configure command
and then changing it back afterward work?

Thanks

Steve.