ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange2003 restore help

2010-02-26 08:45:37
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange2003 restore help
From: Bill Boyer <bjdboyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 08:45:15 -0500
I understand that all too well. Backup <> Compliance and this client now
outsources the email archival to another company. Unfortunately they need to
get this one persons' email from before they implemented the archival.

They have EXCHANGE09 server already built and in the same Exchange "domain",
but those original storage groups from the EXCHANGE01 backups do not exist
anymore in their Exchange environment. So I can't restore them to the
Recovery SG since I can't see them to add.

Can I just restore them on EXCHANGE09 and they'll get put back to the same
drive/path? I'm sure they won't mount as all the users in those SG's have
their AD information pointing somewhere else.

Or can I just define those same SG names so I can add them to the Recovery
SG?

Bill