ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Exchange2003 restore help

2010-02-25 16:53:05
Subject: [ADSM-L] Exchange2003 restore help
From: Bill Boyer <bjdboyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 16:52:02 -0500
Environment is Exchange2003 server. TSM versions 5.5 on everything.

Client had an Exchange server over a year ago called EXCHANGE01 with a
couple storage groups. They did backups on this and retained them forever.
They have since created a new, larger EXCHANGE04 server with 4 differently
named storage groups, migrated the users over and then "retired" the
EXCHANGE01 server. Now they have a need to restore mailboxes from the old
EXCHANGE01 storage groups to another server in the domain EXCHANGE09.

The original storage group names DO NOT exist in the new Exchange
environement, so there's no way I can direct the restore to the Recovery
Storage Group. How can I restore this old data and be able to appease the
lawyers?? This is for legal discovery.

TIA,
Bill Boyer