ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ANR9999D_2590516390

2010-02-19 10:10:14
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ANR9999D_2590516390
From: Shawn Drew <shawn.drew AT AMERICAS.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 10:08:49 -0500
I had this problem with our first falconstor.   There was something wrong
with the compression chip and it was unable to read back the data it had
written.  Rebooting the falconstor would fix the problem temporarily, but
once the data was written when the chip was in a bad mood, it was
corrupted.
I would do spot checks of these volumes that exhibited the error by using
"Audit volume"  (I.E. find out which volume was mounted when you had the
error)

And despite the DD and Falconstor recommendation to only keep one pool and
let them handle replication, I still use TSM's backup-stg to handle
replication between multiple VTL's.  Saved my butt in this case!  I was
able to restore all the volumes from the copy pool.

Regards,
Shawn
Shawn Drew

Internet
Pawlos.Gizaw AT SANOFI-AVENTIS DOT COM

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
02/19/2010 08:44 AM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] ANR9999D_2590516390

Has any one seen the below error?  I have TMS 5.5.4 running on AIX 6.1
and no issue on all backups except backups pointed to data domain
storage pool. Recently when DBA  try to restore rman backup getting
message  ANS0322E (RC40) no text available for this return code. When I
check the TSM server side  see the below message. After the first
incident datadomain/emc swapped out the hardware but we are still
getting same error.

ANR9999D_2590516390 NtpValidateComBlockHdr(pvrntp.c:5665)
                          Thread<84518>: Invalid block header read from
NTP drive
                          DRIVE17 (/dev/rmt47).(magic=5A4D4E50, ver=5,
Hdr
                          blk=241976 <expected 241977>, dbytes=262096
<262096>)
                          (SESSION: 67666, PROCESS: 232)
  ANR9999D_2590516390 NtpValidateComBlockHdr(pvrntp.c:5665)
                          Thread<84518>: Invalid block header read from
NTP drive
                          DRIVE17 (/dev/rmt47).(magic=5A4D4E50, ver=5,
Hdr
                          blk=241976 <expected 241977>, dbytes=262096
<262096>)
                          (SESSION: 67666, PROCESS: 232)
 ANR0541W Retrieve or restore failed for session  - error on input
storage

Thanks
Pawlos

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord
with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial,
is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the
integrity of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will)
not therefore be liable for the message if modified. Please note that certain
functions and services for BNP Paribas may be performed by BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.