ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM upgrade v5 --> v6 database storage question

2010-02-18 14:38:54
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM upgrade v5 --> v6 database storage question
From: Nicholas Rodolfich <NRodolfich AT CMAONTHEWEB DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 13:35:03 -0600
Hello All,

Thanks for your help!

Upgrading a client on Windows 2003 TSM v5.5.3 to Windows 2008 TSM 6.1.3. I
am planning the storage and was wondering if it is worth splitting the
database between multiple file systems. The storage they have for the
database is FCAL on an IBM DS4800. The client's current database is 65GB
and will probably reduce to 55GB after the upgrade when we purge some old
data. I was going to do the following

e:\   database directory
f:\   active log directory
g:\   archive log directory.

I could do this

e:\   database directory
f:\   database directory
g:\   database directory
h:\   active log directory
i:\   archive log directory.

The storage will be all be RAIDed on the DS4800 so I am wondering just how
much if any performance gains I will see if I split the database up into
more file systems. I would also like to solicit any opinions on the storage
configuration (i.e. - RAID?, placement of logs, etc)

Thanks,

Nicholas