ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] SV: TSM 6.1.3.1 on Windows?

2010-02-06 07:47:26
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] SV: TSM 6.1.3.1 on Windows?
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 13:46:51 +0100
On 6 feb 2010, at 13:37, Christian Svensson wrote:

> Hi Remco,
> That shouldn't be necessary to do. And the library the customer is using
> don't have support for partitioning.
> I have set the LTO format in the Device Class and have been working since I
> start working with TSM. (4.2)

That confirms my ideas about how it should work.

Even without partitioning, you can define two libraries, that are both
controlled by the same control-path (device node in unix). That may be a
workaround for this issue? I see no real downsides to that solution, though I
agree that TSM should only mount tapes that are actually compatible with the
format you have set in the device class. Maybe you need to call support?