ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] direct attach to a 3592 drive of a 3494 library

2010-02-04 08:45:17
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] direct attach to a 3592 drive of a 3494 library
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 08:40:49 -0500
On Feb 4, 2010, at 8:17 AM, Mehdi Salehi wrote:

> Hi,
>> From GA32-0448-08:
> "FC 9106 must be specified if the 3494 Tape Library or VTS is to be attached
> to a pSeries AIX attachment."
>
> - what is the procedure to add above feature code to a 3494? Is it a code or
> something like that?
> - If FC 9106 is not present, should I expect to see a 3592 tape drive of
> this library if the drive is unplugged from the 3494 SAN switch and directly
> attached to a pSeries box? (like a standalone 3592 tape drive)
>
> Thanks

IBM documentation says:
"Feature code 9106 Notifies the manufacturing plant that an IBM 3494 frame is
to be attached to a RS/6000 host processor. It is used for documentation."

I'm guessing that it's guidance for factory personnel to include installation
information sheets for CEs which picture and talk about RS/6000 processors
rather than a mainframe or HP or Sun (each having their own FC 9xxx number).

  Richard Sims