ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Virtual TSM

2010-02-03 23:27:38
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Virtual TSM
From: Robert Clark <robert_clark AT MAC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 20:27:22 -0800
When the various virtual machine products have something as mature as
channel and device drivers that run in usermode, then the time will
be right for running a backup server on them.

As long as virtual machines are a panacea for can't-run-more-than-one-
app-on-a-Windows-instance-sprawl and a way to sell new hardware, they
won't be a good choice for a TSM environment.

Where is that "Its all about I/O." tagline?

[RC]