ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] AC Performance?

2010-02-03 10:44:54
Subject: [ADSM-L] AC Performance?
From: Christian Svensson <Christian.Svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 16:44:10 +0100
Hi Everyone,
I have a Admin Center installed on the same machine as TSM Reporting.
It works OK, but most of the time does AC not respond on few commands such
"Connect to a New Server" or "Health Monitor", and sometimes is the web totally
dead.
I can verify that AC doesn't even try to connect to the TSM Servers to check
for information. So it is not a communication problem.

When I log in to Windows where I running AC and Reporting, do I see multiple
JAVA.EXE and JAVA.EXE *32 processes up and running, they are taking totally 2GB
memory of my 4GB.
And the only solution to get the server up and running again is to reboot
Windows.
I will try to verify that is not a Anti-Virus Software killing the server and
scanning JAVA all the time. But I don't think it is a Anti-Virus software
problem because we have exclude all IBM/TSM/TIVOLI/DB2 catalogs with
subdirectories on the server.

I wonder if anyone else have a slow ISC/AC and if you have solve the problem?
I sow a older discussion between Wanda, Zoltan, Carol and Clark with no ending
really. (http://www.adsm.org/lists/html/ADSM-L/2009-07/msg00312.html)

OS: Windows Server 2008 R2 x64
AC Level: 6.1.3.0
TEP Level: 1.1.1
Reporting Level: 6.1.2.0

Best Regards
Christian Svensson

Cell: +46-70-325 1577
E-mail: Christian.Svensson AT cristie DOT se
Skype: cristie.christian.svensson
Supported Platform for CPU2TSM::
http://www.cristie.se/cpu2tsm-supported-platforms