ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] SQL Query find nodes associated with management class

2010-01-28 11:28:51
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] SQL Query find nodes associated with management class
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 11:27:40 -0500
On Jan 28, 2010, at 11:16 AM, Timothy Hughes wrote:

> Hi  all,
>

> I am trying to find all nodes that are associated with a particular
> management class, does anyone have a SQL statement that will produce
> this information?

A frequently asked question: see the ADSM-L archives for the many responses.
Nodes are not assigned to management classes: individual file system objects
are, where such binding can vary by Include spec and TSM directory processing
rules.  The SQL query to scan millions of files to determine this fully is
infeasible.  The only realistic thing to do is to sample a few representative
files.

   Richard Sims