ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM Clients on Red Hat Enterprise Linux

2010-01-27 11:26:04
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM Clients on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
From: Werner Korsten <werner_korsten AT STANDARDLIFE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 16:23:18 +0000
Hello all,

The business is in the process of building a number of new Linux clients,
and we will then need to back these up. We are new to Linux, most of the
estate that we backup are Windows, AIX & Netware clients.

I've been able to install the TSM clients on the a few test servers and
these have been backing up without many issues presenting themselves. We
currently use TSM Server 5.5.2.1, and TSM client  5.5.1.4 installed on Red
Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3.

Is anyone else running TSM Clients on Red Hat? I'm looking for suggestions
so we can optimise the option files for these new servers. I've had a look
at a performance redbook IBM have previously pointed me to, but it doesn't
contain anything specific for Linux. IBM have advised there doesn't seem
to be too many problems with performance on Linux, though I would still
like to make sure we have it as streamlined as possible.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Werner

Werner Korsten
IS Graduate Trainee

http://www.standardlife.com

This e-mail is confidential and, if you are not the intended recipient,
please return it to us and do not retain or disclose it. We filter and
monitor e-mails in order to protect our system and the integrity,
confidentiality and availability of e-mails. We cannot guarantee that
e-mails are risk free and are not responsible for any related damage or
unauthorised alteration of e-mails by third parties after sending.

For more information on Standard Life group, visit our website
http://www.standardlife.com/

Standard Life plc (SC286832), Standard Life Assurance Limited* (SC286833)
and Standard Life Employee Services Limited (SC271355) are all registered
in Scotland at Standard Life House, 30 Lothian Road, Edinburgh EH1 2DH.
*Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. 0131 225
2552. Calls may be recorded/monitored. Standard Life group includes
Standard Life plc and its subsidiaries.

Please consider the environment. Think - before you print.