ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Reclamation for offsite storage pools

2010-01-27 09:59:58
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Reclamation for offsite storage pools
From: "Huebner,Andy,FORT WORTH,IT" <Andy.Huebner AT ALCONLABS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 08:57:47 -0600
Also look at reclaim stg Copy_Pool th=50 OFFSITERECLAIMLimit=4
This will reclaim 4 volumes and TSM seems to pick the four at or above the 50%
threshold. We have gotten behind a few times and we use this to speed the
reclaim process.  This also reduces the time TSM spends figuring out what tapes
are needed to do the reclaim.
Another option is to create a new copy pool and when the copy is complete
delete the old pool.

Andy Huebner