ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] SV: 5.5.3.0 --> 5.5.4.1 upgradedb running long?

2010-01-21 02:13:31
Subject: [ADSM-L] SV: 5.5.3.0 --> 5.5.4.1 upgradedb running long?
From: Christian Svensson <Christian.Svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:12:41 +0100
Hi Keith,
I don't understand your question really. But I did the same thing and upgrade a
end-users database from 5.5.0.3 to 5.5.4.0 and it took over 24 hours on a 200
GB Database until I killed the session.
When I boot up the TSM Server it looks like they where running 5.5.4.0. When I
look around it seams like the database has some small problems and don't show
all information. For ex when I run Query Policy it only show my non-active
policy domains. But all backups/expiration worked fine and the environment
seams to be OK. If I ran "Activate Policy ZZZ XXXX" then could I also see the
Active Policy Set.
If I ran a select command that ask the same thing as "Query Policy". Then did I
see everything as normal. The data was their but somehow did everything not
work properly.

To solve that and make sure I will see all information when I running a Query,
did I run a AUDIT DB during x-mas and now is everything working. But the AUDIT
DB took around 100 hours to run.
I suggest that you look around everything and compare the result with a similar
select command.

Best Regards
Christian Svensson

Cell: +46-70-325 1577
E-mail: Christian.Svensson AT cristie DOT se
Skype: cristie.christian.svensson
Supported Platform for CPU2TSM::
http://www.cristie.se/cpu2tsm-supported-platforms