ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] copy storage pool performance

2010-01-16 06:18:31
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] copy storage pool performance
From: ADSM-L <tsm AT NETWORKC.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 11:14:43 +0000
But this is only a factor when using the simultaneous write capability
which isn't the default (and in my experience isn't used all that
frequently). In more common usage a backup storagepool process will,
once invoked, read uncopied data from primary storagepool volumes and
write it to copy storagepool volumes - if you've significantly slower
disk for your copy storagepool volumes (which, as Richard points out,
would have to be configured as sequential volumes) then I'd suggest a
bottleneck could probably be the write throughput on these disks.

/David Mc
London (and off to Dubai next week!)

On 16 Jan 2010, at 10:50, Mehdi Salehi <iranian.aix.support AT GMAIL DOT COM>