ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] SV: Dsmserv Restore DB -k?

2010-01-15 01:31:06
Subject: [ADSM-L] SV: Dsmserv Restore DB -k?
From: Christian Svensson <Christian.Svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 07:30:41 +0100
Hi Bill,
That what I did and some how the first line that comes up was
Using C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\Server1\dsmserv.opt
Can not access D:\TSMServer1\DB1.dsm
and so on.

I solved last night by shutdown TSM Server 1 and rename the directory to
Server1 to Server1_old and rename Server2 to Server1.
When in to Server1 directory and ran the same command and now did it work fine
and I could recovery the TSM Server.

In mean wild did I rename Server1_old directory to Server2 and ran dsmserv -k
server2 and the old server started fine during the recovery of the other server.
When the recovery was finish I ran dsmserv .-k server1 and the server that I
just recovered did start up successfully.

Strange problem and I will probably continue talking to IBM Support in UK about
this and not IBM India did I talk to last night European Time.

Best Regards
Christian Svensson

Cell: +46-70-325 1577
E-mail: Christian.Svensson AT cristie DOT se
Skype: cristie.christian.svensson
Supported Platform for CPU2TSM::
http://www.cristie.se/cpu2tsm-supported-platforms