ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How to remove TDP for Exchange database from TSM Server?

2010-01-12 00:48:54
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How to remove TDP for Exchange database from TSM Server?
From: Grigori Solonovitch <G.Solonovitch AT BKME DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 08:46:56 +0300
Hello Del,

Thank you very much for information. At least you gave me a direction.

I have found INACTIVATE option in tdpexcc:

TDPEXCC INACTivate *|DIR|IS|sgname1,..,sgnameN backuptype

  where backuptype can be:

      FULL|COPY|INCRemental|DIFFerential|DBCopy dbname

  [/CONFIGfile=tdpexc.cfg|filename] (default: tdpexc.cfg)

  [/FROMEXCSERVer=servername] (default: local exchange server)

  [/LOGFile=tdpexc.log|logfilename] (default: tdpexc.log)

  [/LOGPrune=60|n|No] (default: 60)

  [/OBJect=object] (default: current active object)

  [/Quiet]

  [/TSMNODe=nodename]

  [/TSMOPTFile=dsm.opt|filename] (default: dsm.opt)

  [/TSMPassword=password]

By the way, I could not use this command to deactivate storage group. It was
two databases in one storage group and one of them is still in use.

I am not very cool in Exchange and some options of "tdpexcc inactivate" are not
clear for me.

Maybe you or somebody else can help me to build command to inactivate full
backup for removed database Branches_MBox2 without disturbing other database
Branches_MBox1 in the same storage group?

I will deeply appreciate any help.

Regards,

Grigori G. Solonovitch

Senior Technical Architect

Information Technology  Bank of Kuwait and Middle East  http://www.bkme.com

Phone: (+965) 2231-2274  Mobile: (+965) 99798073  E-Mail: G.Solonovitch AT bkme
DOT com

Please consider the environment before printing this Email