ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] VMWare and TS1130 tape drives

2010-01-11 09:20:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] VMWare and TS1130 tape drives
From: "Tailor, Mahesh C." <mctailor AT CARILIONCLINIC DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 09:17:14 -0500
Hopefully, this does not post several time...if it does apologies in advance.
(My email address changed.)

Assuming you have the TS1130's in a 3584: you can create virtual libraries and
assign slots and drives to each library.   We did this to avoid having a single
point of failure in the TSM library manager and also not have any contention
for resources on the library, except the accessor.  However, the "shared"
accessor has not been an issue for approximately 500 mounts per day.  Doing
this keeps everything nice and neat for your TSM servers.  Just my 2 cents
worth.

BTW, I am curious: how much are you backing up nightly?  What is the
configuration of the library?

Regards,
Mahesh