ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Disparate Client Options

2010-01-05 11:53:48
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Disparate Client Options
From: Lindsay Morris <lindsay AT TSMWORKS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 11:51:40 -0500
Thanks.

Really, I wish there was one code base for the dsmc client. As it is now,
Windows-dsmc and unix-dsmc have different command-line options and other
differences too.

And the cross-platform problem with dsmc makes it hard for us to do what we
do (ie, restore testing across all platforms).
(Cross-platform problem means: from a WINDOWS dsmc client, you can
successfully connect to a TSM server, and use "-asnode=some-UNIX-node" to
masquerade as another node;  but then "query filespaces" comes back empty.
 And vice versa. )

Just grumbling.  We dealt with it.

Lindsay Morris
Principal