ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Disparate Client Options

2010-01-05 11:48:45
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Disparate Client Options
From: "Cowen, Richard" <rcowen AT SBSPLANET DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 11:48:19 -0500
Some of us have been asking for an administrative API for years (at
least 10.)
Absent that, it seems we have two choices.

1) Run your scripts from a windows machine.
2) For each TSM server target in your script, create a "dummy" dsm.opt
with a "dummy" server name (pointed to with -optfile or DSM_CONFIG, and
append to dsm.sys that dummy name.  You can keep it unique with a
timestamp as part of the name, or just rewrite dsm.sys each time.  I
assume here your script is in a sufficiently robust language.