ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] unexpected result from audit library

2010-01-02 11:09:10
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] unexpected result from audit library
From: "Howard Coles Jr." <howard.coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 10:07:34 -0600
On Sat, 2010-01-02 at 20:08 +0530, ashish sharma wrote:
> Hello Richards and Howard,
>
> The paths are ok, as i can run  migration and i used checkin libvolume
> command and it works fine. The only concern is the volumes which are
> containing data and are in unavailable status in library. I can update the
> volume status to readwrite but there is no use ,as i cant do any operation
> with volume as library does not know about it.
>   I have used the library GUI and i can see that volumes are still inside
> the library. The same condition is occuring with my two library managers in
> the same site. At present i have used checkin libv command to make some
> scratch available so that backups dont fail again but i am concerned about
> the already backed up data.

Don't worry, the data is still there.  Just update the valid volumes to
read/write status if they're physically in the Library after you run an
audit.

the order I would take care of this is:
1.  make sure no clients or processes are running (other than Admin
Sessions).
2.  Make sure no volumes are mounted.
3.  Run "Audit libr" with the checklabel=barcode option (can't remember
the exact syntax for some reason run: help audit library)
4.  Check any errors or "can't find tape in slot" whatever messsages.
5.  Update any volumes still showing as "Unavailable".

Or you could update them ahead of time, but you will want to check and
make sure they are physically in the library.

run:
update vol <volsernum> access=readwrite

This should turn them back to writable, and everything should go back to
normal.

Hopefully you're running offsite copies using DRM, so at the worst, you
will have to restore the volumes from the offsite copies.

--

See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.