ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] unexpected result from audit library

2010-01-02 08:44:29
Subject: [ADSM-L] unexpected result from audit library
From: ashish sharma <ashishsharma44 AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 19:12:38 +0530
Hello Everybody,

Wish you a very happy new year.

I have TSM server version 5.5.0.0 and IBM tape library TS3310. Yesterday i
find that all my backups have failed. When i checked for reason, i could see
that there was no scratch available in library. To my surprise , the status
of all the volumes were private though they didnt contaioned any data. After
running audit libray command , i find in the actlog that all the volumes
were unavailable and after audit library my "q libv" o/p showed 0
libvolumes. But i had a lot of data backed up on tapes and i could see that
"q vol " o/p showed those tapes but they all are in unavailable status. I
dont know what to do ,as i am afraid that someone played with the library
and TSm server and now my data is in danger. I will open a call to IBM
support but that can be possible on monday only so i need help of you expert
guys to resolve this.

Please help.

--
Best Regards