ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Linux client memory woes

2009-12-31 11:46:20
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Linux client memory woes
From: Michael Green <mishagreen AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 18:44:40 +0200
--
Warm regards,
Michael Green

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 5:46 PM, Richard Rhodes
<rrhodes AT firstenergycorp DOT com> wrote:
> If it truly is a memory issue you can't get around, you could define
> multiple client setups.  Each could backup a couple mount points.  The
> details would be messy (separate dsm.opt files and setups, maybe separate
> nodes (but not sure about this)), but it would let multiple separate backup
> process run.

That's right, but it will also bring mess into the client side,
because now I need to remember which mount point belongs to what
nodename.
I guess the better approach would be to run using one client but
multiple schedules, one after another in a row, each taking care of
only several NFS mounts... I'll probably need to open ticket with IBM
about this.