ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Transferring tapes from LTO3 to LTO4

2009-12-28 08:44:11
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Transferring tapes from LTO3 to LTO4
From: Steve Stackwick <sstackwick AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 08:43:28 -0500
Ditto what Michael Green said and, if you rename the LTO3 pools to
<NAME_OLD> and give the new LTO4 pool the original poolname, it's very
transparent: TSM will write to the new LTO4 pool as usual (it has the old
name), but if a restore is requested, TSM knows that the requested files are
now in <NAME_OLD> stgpool.

Steve Stackwick

--
Stephen Stackwick