ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Has anyone done a silent install/configuration of TSM's LVSA?

2009-12-16 10:17:04
Subject: [ADSM-L] Has anyone done a silent install/configuration of TSM's LVSA?
From: Robert Talda <rpt4 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 10:14:36 -0500
Folks:
  We are rolling out an Exchange-based mail system here at Cornell, and in
response, a number of units are switching to the Outlook email client - and
discovering that they need to implement TSM's Open File Support to backup
the local .pst files.

  As most of the systems on campus are Windows XP systems, enabling Open
File Support means installing and configuring the LVSA.  We are aware of two
means of doing so, using the Setup Wizard or the Edit->Preferences menu
item, both of which require human interaction with the system.  Given the
number of systems involved (>1000) and the fact that a considerable number
of these systems are scattered around the country (and world), the tech
support folks in these units are desperately seeking a silent install
process they could push to all these systems.

  Thanks in advance for any help!
--
Robert (Bob) Talda
EZ-Backup Team